Monday, June 1, 2015

Humor- Being pushed out of my comfort zone


Using R makes sense to me.
I mean bam- you have a place to code and you have a console.
Bam! You can see the files in your working directory and bam! You know the variables in your environment



R is great.
It's free. It's simple.
With my love of analogies, I just have to say:
R is that nice guy. He's not flashy (At times he can be) and he's available to everyone.

The first time using Mathematica I felt like I was tossed into another level.

My thoughts as I tried to navigate:

"Where's the console?"
"Wait, how do you run this? CTRL- R? SHIFT-tab, what sorcery is that"
"Where's the little area where it shows you the working directory and the variables you're using?"
"I mean the graphs are beautiful, but what is with the brackets"
"What, is parenthesis too good for Mathematica? What is their fetish for brackets?"
But the first step is always hard,

Though come on, when did society state that
[] is better than ()?


No comments:

Post a Comment