Saturday, June 20, 2015

Current Obsession- Non Biology Post


Will do a post about my misadventure with logistic regression in R this week.

But guess what I'm obsessed with.

La Clamenza di Tito. A grossly underrated opera by Mozart. Rumored to have been written in just ten days!

The basic gist of this rondo is like "I might be sending my boyfriend to his death, now I gotta wrestle with my decision in this 10 minute aria"





Also obsessed with L'incoronazione di Poppea. One of the earliest operas featuring Emperor Nero. Yes, the really terrible one. Here, he and his mistress (now Empress) sings this beautiful love duet.



The basic gist of the duet is "We're in love and we'll be happy forever. Until one day, you kick my pregnant belly and me and our child dies,"


No comments:

Post a Comment