Friday, May 15, 2015

Image Friday!


While I'm in that weird limbo where I just finished undergrad and now heading off to grad school.
I got a new job as a research assistant! Well, not really new as it's the same lab I've been working in. Different project and different boss!

But it is probably one of the coolest thing ever- my new boss (Theresa! She wrote Coupling unstable agents in biological control in Nature Communications (Jan 2015)) is doing a modern update on the
Huffaker's Mite Experiment (WIKI). Specifically, looking at how dispersal can allow for co-existence between prey and predators (specifically aphids and lady beetles).

Coolest thing I have ever seen. And hey I get to see what comes out of it at the end!



Aphids are a lot cuter than wasps!
And hey I'm actually working with live specimens!


Well, another cool thing is that the lab got mantis shrimps and some star-fishes.


Since everybody is leaving to do field work, I was drafted into taking care of them!

The shrimps were already named (Anne and Noam). I had a chance to name one of the starfish.
His name is Patrick.

The resemblance is striking. No?



No comments:

Post a Comment